Thursday, March 20, 2014

Zombie Ghoasts Leave This Place!

The LED sensor on the Holocron isn't working, and I just don't have the patience to problem-solve it within the context of this project. Somewhere down the road, I'll get an LED-as-sensor working on a breadboard, and then I'll be able to integrate it into new projects.

So that simplifies the programming. The Holocron will have three modes. First is off; when it is turned upside down, the power is cut off to the Trinket. Second mode is Ghost Light; this is some sort of gentle color-shift and perhaps a position-shift as well. I'll have to see if I can re-purpose some of my Blink code to do this. I'm using neo-pixels for this, so no PWM needed, but I still need to cross-fade from one color set to another.

Third mode would be "Jedi Detected." In the current code, the capacitance sensor object "yoda" stores a "midiclorian" value; when this passes threshold, the Holocron will do a brief fancier, brighter display. Maybe some swirling (I have four neo-pixels arranged in a square).

If I could have gotten the LED sensor to work, it would have triggered some sort of display change when the flash drive was in read/written.




Meanwhile, I'm stumbling around like a zombie myself, feeling probably the worst I have since December. But not as bad as in years past, still. Even if I did spend a couple days sitting on the couch seeing if the airboat from Half-Life 2 would drive down the corridors of the Aperture Science Enrichment Center.

Apropos of that, the gaming community has been reduced to noticing script pointers in the latest Steam SDK that appear to refer to maps that don't exist yet...but could possibly be part of Half-Life 3.

Given the insanely long delay, and the lack of any word from Valve, I'd say this particular piece of vapor-ware may be the real "zombie ghoast" in the room...

No comments:

Post a Comment