Saturday, September 5, 2015

Two jobs maybe

Three weeks in, and they are asking me to apply for a better-paying position at the company.

I finally managed to go out to TechShop after work, pulling a four hour shift on the lathe after my eight at the day job. Was a bit tiring, though. And today was my first visit to a show that's in another town two hours away. Just making a visit and looking around the building ate up eight hours all told. With that kind of commute, I don't think I can handle show calls and day job without collapsing. So I'm basically going to lose money doing that show.

But it is an experiment as to whether I can take on design work while working full time. And more importantly, I agreed to do the show before this job showed up, and I don't like to back out on a commitment.


No comments:

Post a Comment