Friday, March 29, 2024

Spam spam spam spam

On impulse looked at the "people who bought this also liked" for my second book, the one set in contemporary London with the dual-time narrative featuring the London Blitz.

So what gets associated with this? Crime thrillers, a few mysteries, a fair amount of historical fiction. A bit of W.W.II, some Roman...and a hell of a lot of Vikings.

Why Vikings? Only the algorithm knows. Increasingly, the algorithms (quite possibly, being driven into strange corners by intrusive SEO) are going crazy. Google search results, YouTube, all of them are returning stranger and stranger results.

Progressing slow but steady now on Sometimes a Fox even if I have to go back and rework an already-drafted scene after I realized there's story beats that have to happen there if they are going to happen at all. Well enough, in any case, I may indeed put it up for presale within the next couple of weeks.

The steampunk book should be next. Honestly, I'm a little tired of writing at the moment and may need a break. A different problem, though, is that every Athena Fox book leaves me wanting to have told the story differently, or told an entirely different story. A story set in the deserts of the American Southwest, with a straight-forward mystery -- even a proper body drop -- without all the language craziness and with, finally, a chance to do some actual archaeology again.

All I'm saying is The Early Fox might distract me from all the world-building I'll need for Blackdamp.

Assuming I have any brain cells left after dealing with a UL inspection and testing, and a whole bunch of reading about torque trying to bring us within ISO 9000 et al. And my shop is filled with engineers developing two new products, so there's that as well. And did I mention upcoming surgery...?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment