Wednesday, March 27, 2024

made three bucks

Someone has been reading the series on Kindle Unlimited. I'm tempted to throw the Paris book into pre-sales just so they know it is coming.

That's three bucks in page views for this month. I made more over the same period in an old set of meshes I have up on Renderosity. And significantly more than both in sticking to a steady 40 hour week...coming very close to clocking in and out exactly on the hour, even. We'll see how long I can keep that up.

But I'm still looking at several weeks to finish the book. Just completed the first draft of the "Batman v. Superman" scene. Which after a long look (and clean-up) of my outline got spliced with Amelia talking about the La Boheme love triangle she's gotten in the middle of. 

Since I reworked the themes, the Batman/Superman is more a running gag up to the climax than it is a theme. The Japan book was all about masks and I don't need to go over that ground again in the very next book. But it does provide a couple of amusing beats, including the last of the Proustian loops, the "New Mombasa" scene.

Yes, my outline would be impossible for anyone else to read. Very efficient, though; according to information theory, that's kind of how it works. 

I did stop briefly to make the final choice of UNC for Amelia, mostly so I could have her quote "I'm a tarheel born." And look up the best metals for making your own lock picks. And of course the confit de canard with pommes sautees -- which is on the 2024 menu for Cafe la Boheme de la Montmartre, even if I am very very much soft-peddling any connection to a real place with that name in, err, that same location. And locations for Parisian hackerspaces but none of the real ones were convenient for story purposes and I've pretty much decided I'm not going to do a visit.

I am sending Penny to 125 rue de Lafette, though. Unfortunately that did get mentioned by Umberto Eco -- it is that well known -- but oh well. I've got the Inverted Pyramid in the story already, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment