Thursday, April 27, 2023

Why not poet

Software continues. Today at work I installed and learned how to use Meshmixer, re-learned Fusion 360 and rebuilt a model that went missing between accounts, refreshed my memory of the Prusa slicer and printed the new mesh and tried it out on the factory floor.

Fusion keeps changing. Even their trainers are admitting that the other videos are now all wrong...not as if they will apologize, though, or make the slightest effort to distinguish between functions in the software and functions locked behind a paywall.

Got home and sticking Automatic1111 on the M2 to try to improve workflow there. PhotoShop is migrated there. Oh, yeah, and installed the Satisfactory Mod Manager on the PC last night, and tried out a mod that does spline roads (roads are a pain in Satisfactory, which is a pity, because trucks are an efficient way to move things, are unlocked at an earlier game stage, and look cool, too.

Oh, yeah, and I had an emissions system-related repair on my smartcar, but it won't pass smog because the computer hasn't finished calibrating. The book recommendation is to drive for 50-100 miles (which is about 50-100 times longer than my one-way commute). I may have to do that on the weekend! Yeah, that makes sense...to make sure you aren't producing extra CO2, you need to drive for two hours (producing lots of CO2...)

still calibrating...


I'm trying to let Mibl work and not get distracted re-doing cover art yet again. Especially as I'm still deep in Part two of four. I got into another detour, contemplating the role of religion in this particular story. My "Sangreal" moment still isn't working, two re-writes later, but that's not even half of it now.

Because the remainder of Part II, and the crux that comes between II and III, is all about the Gates of Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment