Monday, April 24, 2023

Cover

Trying out a new cover artist. It's a bit premature as I don't have a page count yet. I thought it might inspire me to finish the damned thing.

Also tinkering with the old covers again. I have ideas about doing some light adjustment and AI upscale, especially on that horrible hand in the third cover. I bought my own mask, shot a new pose, now it is into the mysteries of ControlNet to turn the pose data into an AI-generated hand, then paint that in with the photograph of the real mask and into the original reworked stock model.

And if I have any CPU cycles left, I shot the introductory instruments for a video of my "Game of Throne" cover on "viking" instruments (bowed lyre, bodhran, penny whistle, fiddle...) Which was in the low light of the LED candle effects I built for The Birds against a stone wall I built from foam scraps from a day when there was nothing else happening in the workshop.

And 3D printed an iPhone tripod attachment when my regular camera couldn't handle the extremely low light. 

I have the software installed on the new computer but haven't gotten to that, either. In fact, I haven't even migrated PhotoShop yet (have to de-authorize it on the laptop first).

I haven't quite gotten the AI tools helping with the cover art and other projects. They have managed to spin off a few images that I want to find time to haul into PhotoShop to fix the stuff that AI gets badly (like, um...hands...)

So makes sense the most I accomplished this weekend (outside of writing) was going back to a Satisfactory save and cleaning up a few things in preparation for Patch #8 to wreck everything...

And, yeah, just as well all those graphics efforts are on the other computer. Otherwise I might be posting a bunch of them here.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, for some reason my recent comments all ended up on your prior blog post!

    ReplyDelete