Saturday, April 8, 2023

Waiting For Goto

 Seems like a lot of my life is spent waiting while a computer does something. 3D is terrible for that; Bryce3D was infamous for the long render times.

Compiling, even. Downloads, especially. I have a Windows PC for playing games and it runs Steam and it is pretty much a guarantee that every time I want to play a quick bit of some game I have to wait 5-10 minutes for the Steam Update to do whatever it is doing.

I just bought a new machine so I can set up the dual monitors I want. Oddly enough, for writing more than anything else, but it will certainly help with PhotoShop as well. When that shows up, there's going to be a long fun time of re-downloading all the various software I need. That, and somehow an OS straight from the manufacturer needs hours of patches loaded on it first thing.

Oh, and I'm messing around with Stable Diffusion now. Trying to see if it can do some upscaling/inpainting for my book cover woes. (I'm also waiting on a new cover artist -- but that's waiting on humans. At least I think they are humans. For all I know, they are over there waiting on their AI program to finish a render...)

No comments:

Post a Comment