Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The game's afoot.

I'm at 12,000 words and the plot is being introduced at last.

Research-as-you-go is still a thing. Was prowling around neighborhoods finding a nice restaurant to hold a meeting and the choice -- The India Club -- required watching a YouTube video to understand the "back alley" comments made on a review site.

And I've decided I am fine with silhouette conversations. The bit I'm in now, Kishan, Derwyn, and James are all talking, but nary a one of them will be so much as mentioned after this scene. So I don't care a whit which one is actually speaking.

Sure, they've ended up having character. But the choice I think I need to make for this book is a lot of dialog passages where nobody is named because it isn't important and the reader shouldn't think it is important.

But anyhow. I've gotten through another day of Field School and more arguments and confrontations and visited the statue of I.K. Brunel and we've had tandoori. But now they are ready to talk about the plot.

Except it has been long enough, I have to go back through my notes to look up what the plot is!

No comments:

Post a Comment