Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Fight like a Krogan, run like a leopard

There must be something in the air. Everyone was on edge at work. I got caught in the middle of a three-way fight (between three people who outrank me). Had to fumble my way through lots and lots of "minefield" conversations (where one person is trying to shift the blame on to either you or a third person who isn't in the room at the time, and you have to try to defuse them without giving them what they wanted to hear). And then one of my buddies just discovered he has to work late starting today -- he didn't even get warning he wasn't going to be able to go home -- and I needed to talk him down a little.

I am talked out. All this carefully, carefully selecting conversational options to try to avoid an explosion happening made me feel like I was Commander Shepard. Only, without the rank and responsibility (most of this craziness is happening with people who are my supervisors).

Um, yeah...I have been playing a bit of Mass Effect lately. Was sick and cold all weekend and outside of 3-4 hours of programming I was good for nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment