Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Saline Solution

I'm pouring electrolyte drinks down my throat. Pouring more saline rinse up my nose. Yesterday I spent in the emergency room getting two bags of Ringers through an IV.

My collapse may have been dehydration (having nasty sinus congestion/cold doesn't help any. Nor does existing SVT). Was probably coming my way since Friday, as the big UL inspection was a bit of a wash, too. We didn't flunk. We didn't get enough units built for the test. So we have to reschedule for a second visit by the inspector and that's gonna cost us 3,400 dollar more. Ouch.

Wasn't for lack of trying on my part. But I barely ate or drank that day, and was so zonked on Sunday I never even got around to eating breakfast or lunch. 

In any case I'm willing to try to experiment of better hydration (yeah; the chemistry panel they pulled out of the vein before they started pouring water in there had me in the yellow zone on three different electrolytes). So I'm pushing water, and also hitting fruit juice of various sorts. And this powdered electrolyte/salt stuff that, whoosh.

Oddly enough, not a lot of writing done. 

***

But it does turn out Hogwarts Legacy has replay value...


No comments:

Post a Comment