Monday, January 29, 2024

Underground

Struggling with what turned out to be a key scene in Part III of Sometimes a Fox. Could be another six months before it is finally edited and ready to publish. At least the cover art looks like it is finally working, or well enough. I've started revisiting my links on the UX community in Paris, cataphiles et al, while I work up plans for what exactly I want to have in there (besides the Petite Ceinture and 145 Rue Lafayette, one of the more famous "fake buildings" in Paris).

"Cleaning up" my current Satisfactory build is going slowly. Spent my last session starting a dedicated Smart Plating park (mine head, smelters, fab shop and truck station in separate buildings) to complete one more of the last Space Elevator deliverables. But mucked about the previous session because I couldn't figure out a clean way to hook the dedicated Circuit Board factory to the local Hyperloop station.

That seemed like a good excuse to experiment with taking it underground. Got killed a few times getting the trick working properly; you can clip through the terrain with a carefully placed hypertube, but you will promptly fall to your death below the world if you haven't prepared properly. A bit of excitement being marooned under the map, with a tiny bioconverter chugging away powering my only link back to the surface. Try not to delete the hypertube entrance!

Some people build all kinds of stuff under the map. I just made a cyberpunk-feel walkway, tube and conveyor belt, completely sealed off to preserve the illusion. I'm late enough in the game that even if all I need is a belt or a tube I can afford to build a whole decorated passageway -- even blueprint it up with railings and lights and signs and architectural details.

And my latest asthma medication did exactly what the last one did; made me sicker. I'm suffering it out without medication right now to see if I can tolerate it at all. Oddly enough, as unpleasant as mornings and evenings are, I'm sleeping well now...

That may change when I try the psycho-pills. I think I may try those out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment