Sunday, July 23, 2023

Coherence

Weekend is here and as usual I'm sleeping in, playing games, and basically just trying to recharge before the week starts again. Over a dozen people at the company and half of my own department caught the latest go-round of COVID and it is a little frightening even going outside at the moment.

Got through the first big chunk of the Galerie Viviene scene, at least. 

I feel like I am spinning wheels at work, too, and it is bugging me. There's a giant contract being negotiated right now and things may become very busy for us if it happens. But for now, I spent what felt like way too much time working on my laser.

Like I said, I got the thing to make some signs around the building. It sort of got more ambitious from there.

Machined a new mounting plate and the 20W head is on it (for diode lasers, there's only so much power you can shove through the die. So a 20W head is actually four diode lasers and a stack of optical glass to collimate the stuff into a single beam.) It is enough larger that the gantry no longer reaches the home stops. This model never had limit switches, though, so...

The air assist is also there. On the list; evacuation fans for the enclosure, along with a MERV-11 filter for all the burning that will be going on. I'm not too concerned about smoke as I don't intend to do production work on the machine. I'm not a charm bracelet shop at a boardwalk. I'm more concerned that the enclosure is still a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment