Thursday, May 11, 2023

Logistics

Trying to get to that cover art. I wanted to get things set up so PhotoShop and StableDiffusion would be on the same machine for ease of workflow. But the M2 doesn't have the GPU to run StableDiffusion well, and the PC doesn't have the dual monitors. And neither my Wacom tablet nor my folders of source material are migrated yet.

Pity file sharing is such a pain. Even between Macs; Apple sort of makes it inviting, but what they mean is, "it is so easy to promiscuously share contact lists, shopping habits, PayPal login and passwords on all your computers. And oh yes, all your files will be on our cloud server."

Maybe it isn't that bad, but "make a photo album on Apple that all your devices share" is easy. "Put this photo from the iPhone where PhotoShop on the M2 can paint it, and where StableDiffusion on the PC can use it for ControlNet tests"...yeah, that's not as straight-forward.

Oh, ControlNet is sort of working. I was able to generate a depth map. I should have brought that into PhotoShop and used it as an alpha channel. What did I say about needing to move files back and forth between those two applications? (And maybe a few more, if I am going to rework my book covers).

Yeah, and for a break from all that I'm still hanging out on Planet "Massage 22B-whatever" trying to get my infrastructure there organized. I had the idea that a massive road with pipelines and conveyor belts sharing the right-of-way would be an efficient way to work. Well, not the way I'd implemented it. So as soon as the next goalpost is unlocked I'm taking down half the road network and rebuilding it into something a little less ugly.

At least my car is finally through smog. I was not enjoying walking to work in the rain while they were working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment