Saturday, December 7, 2019

Gobble gobble gobble

On the day I uploaded, I woke up to a bit about the Ohlone on the radio. And I knew I had another edit.

In Chapter Three, about 2/5 of the way in, there's this exchange:

"Mound builders?"
"Not intentionally."

I remembered exactly what I had written and where I'd written it and I went right there and changed it to "Not the ones you are thinking of."

That's the level at which I had to deal with the text. I remember everything. And I was dealing with commas and double-spaces.

I'm a wee bit worded out now. Put together the start of a new website and added the first how-to-article to it. Edited my blurb, and my bio. And worked on the London book.

PENNY IS IN ENGLAND, and although parts of it are very old, none of it is merry.  
She’s finding out being a real archaeologist is harder than she thought—particularly when old enemies and an old shame come back to haunt her. 

She’s kicked off the dig, her channel is shut down, and soon she’s penniless in the cold streets of London.  
Then things get interesting. Deep under the streets of the old city, dragged into an ancient mystery and fighting for her life, Penny must come to grips with what it truly means to be the hero she once played. 

This should help a bit in outlining; I'm starting with a clear sense of where the book is going to be. I am committed now that The Fox Knows Many Things is going to be followed by Fox and Hounds.

After that it is still a bit up in the air between Go and Tell That Fox and Sometimes a Fox.

(The fox in question in the latter quote is Napoleon. The fox of the former is Herod!)

And I've already written the first 800 words. It's a stand-alone prologue, that's how I can do it without having to complete the outline first. Only gotta do that again, a mere hundred times more....

The prologue's about Doggerland. Why do you ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment