Friday, December 3, 2021

Mugato, Gumato

Did they not have Frat Row where they went to University?

I've been amused by listening to newspeople and other radio folk trying to pronounce "Omicron." I don't just mean short versus long "i" -- which I think may be another English/American English thing. I discovered during Doctor Who that "Omega" has the stress on the first syllable.

No, I've been hearing "Omacron," and "Ohmaicron" from various people. The "Macron" almost makes sense for French speakers...

And then there's the ones who can't remember where the "r" goes. From a labored attempt to follow the "m" with an "r" ..."Ohmcrama..." and that person gave up at that point -- to a more successful "Ocremon." Ah, Ocremon -- the sand-colored Pokemon. Evolves into Omega, one assumes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment