Monday, November 29, 2021

Horizon: Too Much Dawn

 Was just out all the long Thanksgiving weekend. Didn't feel even slightly creative, not even to do some cover art work. Didn't have the concentration to read. Even movies bored me. I'm not sure what I actually did to get through the hours except that sometime on Sunday the download on a new game finished up and I tried it and actually found myself enjoying it.

Perhaps too much. Kept getting killed in this one boss battle and when I'd finally solved it...it was well after midnight.

Might have still managed to get enough sleep if my smoke alarm hadn't decided it wanted a new battery and it wanted it now. When I'd finished dealing with that I was sufficiently awake that the early traffic and the early smoke break of my upstairs neighbor were enough to make sleep fitful indeed.

So despite there being various interesting projects going on at work all I feel up for today is putting in the hours and driving home in Einstein, putting on the headphones and losing myself again in the world of Horizon: Zero Dawn.

And maybe this time learning how to fight smarter not harder. Although I did stealth my way through most of "Warrior Chief's Trail" and that is one Assassin's Creed level stealth sequence. The way I did it, that is -- dropped down and crept through the bushes among the cultists and corrupted machines. Apparently...I am reading this now...you actually can do stealth arrow kills with the right bow...

No comments:

Post a Comment