Monday, December 27, 2021

I Love Paris in the Winter

 ...which is a song lyric from the musical Can-Can. And, no, I don't. I would like to go to Paris again but I've seen Paris in winter and I had some very cold days and one much worse night. A story I might borrow from for the next Athena Fox book.

Which is on again. More or less. I have a theme now with some degree of emotional investment from Penny and a change arc of sorts. Which is enough. I want her to continue to change and grow through the series but I can't put her in personal crisis in every single story. I have the bones of a plot and the basic forces involved in it.

I don't have anything close to a resolution. That's bad.

Anyhow, it is cold here as well and I'm well over it. Was sick with the chills for the last couple of days -- Sunday spent half the day wrapped up in every blanket I had with the heater running full blast and was still shivering. Bounced back today and went out with only my Henley in lieu of jacket. But still not quite feeling up to running down to the wood shop to record some more music.

I am still, all in all, feeling creatively depressed. I feel like creating again, and I have confidence in the act of creation itself, but it feels so futile. I am dumping advertisement money on Amazon right now and I gave away a bunch of ebook copies last week but the series just isn't catching on. Having a low number of reviews is a flag...not a red flag maybe but at least a yellow flag...to potential readers. There are probably other amateurish signs on my Amazon pages.

At least I've got a slight uptick on KEDP reads but as far as those numbers go...I'm paying THEM about three cents a page (if you go by what I'm spending on advertising.)

And, oh yeah, although I am feeling more creative, it all seems to be writing-oriented. Not feeling like doing music and more's the pity as I have this nice empty shop I could be hanging out at right now and at least get some practice in without feeling so self-conscious.

(Actually, some of my neighbors might be working anyhow. And trumpets and violins are LOUD. The sax is worse -- there is no mute for the saxophone, not a practical one anyhow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment