Friday, May 17, 2024

Dancing about architecture

Did I use that one already? I don't care.

"New Mombasa" sequence finished. Now finally into the climax of the book. And I'm gonna need to boot up Assassin's Creed Unity. When I was first plotting this, Google Maps was pulling up the pre-fire Notre Dame de Paris, and it was easy to find pictures from early 2019 with all the scaffolding from the roof work. Now, all my searches are pulling up post-fire -- and mostly about with the rebuild nearly finished.

I either pulled samples or took bookmarks of a few editorial-use-only from Shutterstock back then, so I should still have those. It isn't going to be an epic climb anyhow. There's really not much you can do without either being up on a nice pedestrian walkway already, or clinging to a bit of building you can't climb up from.

The epic is going to be in the emotional description. For which I hardly need to know what the building looks like at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment