Saturday, May 1, 2021

Shaker Song

 I have trouble getting any writing done at work. So for my break times I build stuff:


Needed a shaker for my new recording anyhow. See, had these off-cuts left over from trimming (nominal) 1x6 to 2-1/2" ; it leaves a narrow piece of white pine left over. So, inspired by the construction of the bongos that arrived in the mail last week, I tried out stave construction. Went a lot quicker than you might expect.

Went to the bulk produce section and picked out lentils, popcorn kernels, and peppercorns, and it was the sound of the last I liked most for this one.

Now I just need to rehearse all the instruments and parts. Not that I've finished figuring out harmonies, mind you. But I have enough so it is time to start laying down tracks and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment