Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Back to Bassics

 I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Last week I got an iPad that IT had tossed in the bin. Took a lucky guess at the password and was able to get in, wipe it, and then set it up for myself. This week I took the chance of opening it up and replacing the failing battery. Just got it back together and it works fine!

Also did some adjustments on the chin bass, brought it up to pitch for the first time, and made a quick recording (off the new iPad...what else?)


Also finished the brand-new Kamo River scene. My sister gave it her stamp of approval. I think, finally, I have a sense for where I am going with Penny as a character. This is after all the plot beneath the plot for A Fox's Wedding. It is Penny realizing she has the chance to become the Athena Fox-like hero -- but also discovering that what she really wants to be is not exactly the character she once played, but something more nuanced.

I've put down more bucks at Fiver for an artist to draw me the interior image for Fox and Hounds. I'd like to hire a cover artist too, but the person who was helping me before has run into problems with a new Fiver policy and has had to withdraw.

At some point I need to find time to do up the new cover art. Oh, and write the book, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment