Friday, November 1, 2019

Toy boat toy boat

The edited boat scene is coming along. Took a while to get started, longer to figure out my notes and get the timing worked out again.

Was listening to boat sounds on YouTube to get in the mood while re-writing the "waking up in my cabin" scene. There are a lot of those since YouTube got rid of that twenty-minute limit. Ten hours or more continuous background sound for "relaxation, REM, study, sleep." Steam trains through snow storms, libraries with crackling fires, insides of pirate ships, cruise ships, airliners, space ships. And for those with simpler tastes, ten hours of an electric fan.

Then I got the sudden urge to hear the Queen Emeraldas theme again. Which I found. So I'm writing a scene on a boat in a novel largely set in Greece and I'm watching the title song of a show about a space-going pirate ship -- subtitled in Greek.

>>>

Oh, yeah. And I've started taking notes on another novel. Someone at Quora was asking about Space Opera and....


2 comments:

  1. In a private cabin of a modern ship, it sounds like ... air conditioning, or a hotel room. In the "public" spaces of a modern ferry, it sounds like an cross between an airport terminal and a Greyhound bus. People listening to their phones, kids running around, people eating "fast" food, air conditioning in the background ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forget, I spent twelve hours on one. Strolled around a bit. The one thing I didn't get to listen to was inside of a cabin -- I had one of the airplane-type seats.

    ReplyDelete