Friday, November 22, 2019

Bye, Sierra

I had to upgrade in order to use DropBox. Well, that was worth it. Allowed me to coordinate Scrivener files between machines.

Unfortunately it also broke Carrara and Poser. So pretty much all my 3d aps. And all the ones I was going to use to build and render the calyx.

Carrara is deadware. The missing menu problem isn't fixed as of the last release, and there will be no other releases (I would say updates and bug fixes...but it never had those).

Poser might or might not work. Apparently I do have to at least put in the latest patch. Of course Smith Micro sold it off and instantly stopped supporting, and the company that bought it has no interest in supporting older versions so...no patch is available.

It is apparently a problem with Flash. Which everyone knew was a stupid idea for just displaying thumbnails. And no work-around natch. And Mac got rid of Flash because it is a giant gaping security hole.

So I wonder what other software it broke?  Well...Inkscape is still dead....

No comments:

Post a Comment