Saturday, September 21, 2024

COVID Cookbook

Back in the first month of COVID when there was vaccine and everyone was sheltering in place, it was actually sort of fun getting creative and concocting meals out of whatever weird leftovers had been in the back of the cupboard.

I finally caught it, and bad. Stuck at home with nothing stocked up. But I also had severe stomach pains and so I had to be extra creative. The winner was some Irish Oatmeal I'd gotten on a whim a week ago. I could cook that soft and it would stay down.

The other success was a tomato-rice soap. My emergency Nishiki (white rice in a five-pound bag), a can of tomato sauce, bouillon cube and broth packet from my jollof rice recipe (definitely not on). 

I'm firmly in recovery now (after a week of pain). I can concentrate a little, I'm not falling asleep every four hours...

...and nothing interests me. I want to be alive again. See my friends. Go outside. Eat.

But I'm still carrying a viral load, I should still be isolating as much as possible...and over that ugly week I seem to have developed a bit of a food phobia.

Oh, and my New Mexico trip is starting to look like the nest of that wee Scottish mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment