Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Adieu Paris

Every book, for years after I keep discovering things that I wish I'd known, or at least could have included. I'd hadn't remembered the other part of it, though; the first days, when I'm still surrounded by all those books, bookmarks, movies, links, images...none of which I am going to need again.

I kept them around through editing because that's when you have to go back and check spelling or a fact.

But now? Paris is done. 

And I haven't really gotten rolling on the next one. So there's no stack of open tabs and so forth waiting my attention. Oh, sure. I could finally finish watching Amélie. But that feels no more productive than playing games.


But that may be what happens. I'm not in the mental space yet for a new book, and to get there I need to make a clean break from Paris. So no Amélie, probably -- but no Oppenheimer, either (despite it just having come up on free rotation).

Besides, recovery from surgery is taking much longer than expected or hoped. Tried to make it in to work today. Couldn't even handle a walk around the block to get up strength. Tomorrow is Juneteenth and maybe I can at least get that done before I try to head back in.

Oh, yes. Despite having intended to hold back on the print version, I've gone and prepped both eBook and paperback and they are available for pre-sale now on Amazon, with release on the 1st of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment