Saturday, August 19, 2023

Glow of Accomplishment

The laser is up and running.


The main thing not done is the louvres over the air inlet, with a slot for dust filters. That's a HEPA filter on the top there under the salvaged power supply fans. And LED strips on the inside of the box, which are nicely visible through the blue-laser blocking orange acrylic. At last my eyes feel safe around this thing.

I want a second drag chain but I haven't figured out exactly how to place it. My Ender3 popped the Bowden Tube one time too many printing out the lower drag chain (which I designed myself in Fusion360) so I finally put a new Micro Swiss all-metal hot end with direct drive extruder on it.

Not bad for a week of feeling so sick I finally went to Kaiser to go get checked out. They were having drop-in vaccinations as well so I ended up with almost zero fluid balance; two shots in the left arm, five vials of blood out the right. And intense headache the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment