Saturday, August 6, 2022

I guess I've made it

I picked up some paleo vegan revolutionary muffins because I wanted a snack. Didn't even worry about the price.

I have a job with little prospect for climbing any (corporate) ladders (the other kind, alas, are still a go). But I have savings, 401K, health plan and a working car. Only thing I wish for is more consecutive hours to write in.

For writing, quantity has a quality of its own. One or two hours gets you just about started in. A session of four or five hours is idea. If all you are getting is a couple hours of work, all you are doing is treading water.

Oh, but I just had "that" conversation again. "Your problem is you do to much research. You need to just write without all of that."

"Most of the research is finding out what things I need to research; the rest of it goes into the bin. Like, I learned a bit about Fauvism, pointillism, surrealism, etc., before I was able to decide its all going to be about the Impressionists."

"Speaking of. I was reading a historical fiction story where they sent the characters to the Orsay to look at the Impressionists. They didn't have Impressionists at the Orsay then! I almost put the book down."

"..."

 But I'm still depressed about that. Steam had a sale on for the sequel to Subnautica. Maybe I'll just download that...

No comments:

Post a Comment