Monday, May 16, 2022

Fried Egg

 I had an early-morning work call today. When I came staggering back home after work I was still determined to actually do some writing. I need to make that change, and it feels as if I am getting closer and closer to it happening.

Actually managed to open the file and start into the re-writes I'd identified during the journey into work this morning. Best part about starting the day with a twenty-minute walk.

And produced absolute garbage. You can't do surgery with a shaking hand and you can't produce good prose when your mind keeps wandering off.

So I took a long break, and ate dinner. And, somehow, got enough back to where I could go in again, throw out all the crap I'd done in my first attempt, and actually put in some writing that was better than what was originally in those scenes.

Bit by bit I'm finding the "voice" for this particular book. The scenes are actually starting to work.

But even better, I'm starting to be able to do that kind of work faster. And more consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment