Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Winter is Leaving

I hadn't cut my hair since COVID, and I have a bowed lyre. To me, that means make a cover with video for the Game of Thrones title theme.

In December, it was too cold on the weekend to practice (the heater in the "studio" doesn't work well). It finally started to warm up just enough...for me to find out I couldn't quite play the parts in tempo.

Finally, it is warm enough to practice in the studio, and I can play the parts in tempo. But now the sun stays out too late for me to set up my green screen and still make it home in time for dinner.

And I've got writing to do.

Well, at least I could record some of the parts today? Oh, turns out that even after I've fixed the tuning, and gotten them in tempo and on the metronome, I just don't sound that good. More practice is needed.

It may be winter again before I finally record this thing. And by then, I will almost certainly have cut my hair. 

1 comment: