Friday, December 4, 2020

Air Flute

 


Was sick today. Lay in bed and watched random videos. One of them was a recorder player who found an actually decent bass recorder for under a hundred euros. And that led me to a flautist comparing a couple of cheap flutes she had bought, one of them being my own Medini (in the same cute pink color, too -- she got it for a video).

And in the hands of a good concert flute player -- the tone was badly airy. Yeah. So it may not be the fault of my embouchure at all. It may be I am fighting against a cheap instrument.

Well, I only wanted flute for the additional tone colors. I can live with a breathy sounding one. I took it to work and the past couple of weeks I've been practicing with that and I've finally gotten some basic control and endurance on it and can make it through a tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment