Monday, October 19, 2020

Beru-Bara....bwaa?

 I still haven't zeroed in on my villain's villainous plan. Or even his villainous self. So much for plotting from the core out.

My model for this part of the writing process now looks like intermittent gears.


An idea comes. Then I have to sit on it for a day or two until I can accept it.

Anyhow. There are several bits of Japanese pop culture which are starting to both be elements that are going to be in the story and are defining what I'm trying to do with the story.


Ken Matsudaira, in the jidaigeki that would not die. Seriously, the man has to be immortal or something.

And I was going to put in pictures of two more elements, but the world is ahead of me; someone has already combined them:

Yes...that is a Takarazuka Revue production of...Lupin III !

So I'm getting more excited about the book. My intention at this point is to explain little, to touch only lightly with the smallest number of words on any of the history or religious philosophy or cultural foibles. In fact, to have a lot less dialog than the last book. 

Mostly, it is going to be description and action. A lot of five-senses stuff. Among other things, my protagonist is going to do some training up. And if I work the timing right, I'll be getting back into exercise myself (I am walking to work every day I can and I swear I can already feel it helping).

In other news, the second book hasn't done much in sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment