Wednesday, October 14, 2020

And such a pretty nose, too.

 My second beta reader had a great note. I went through two days of depression and then I figured out how to do it.

And once again, it seems my instincts were leading me there already. I'd quoted the Twelfth Doctor, from his regeneration scene. And then I continued on to write the scene I'd originally designed. So now I have a version that gives me so much more to work with in the next stories.

Assuming there are next stories. I'm sort of settled on Japan next, then the Paris one, but after that...see if the series is selling.

So I worked up the basic plot for the Japan one. It would work. It's sort of a Ten Little Character Actors plot meets Heaven's Gate. The cult, not the movie that bombed so badly.

But I don't like it. Basically, it isn't organic to the setting. There's a bunch of ideas I've been playing with and several I want to keep that are basically a tourist-level, high-living, view of Japan; shopping in the Ginza, not pounding mochi at a village festival. But I do want to engage with the culture both in general terms and with certain specifics (particularly the Takarazuka).

So back to the brainstorming.



No comments:

Post a Comment