Tuesday, September 3, 2019

My Kingdom for a Kri-Kri

Academia.edu and the other site where I get scientific papers have been ramping up their notifications. So much lovely stuff on Late Bronze Age economies. Can't even read them right now.

+ + +

Still have not put down words for any of the 30,000 or so that finish the novel. However, today I managed to work out the chapter plan out to the end of the book and it is so much stronger than what I would have been fleshing out earlier in the week, I'm going to mark this down, again, to instinct telling me I wasn't ready yet.

Oh, and I keep bumping into things that make me think of how poor this idea was. Latest bugbear is that not only did I write but I plotted for someone other than a young woman traveling alone. There's a level of care and awareness that is drilled into female travelers, and so many situations that play out just differently enough they should be commented on, if not actually changing the plot. Not saying that travel is unsafe. Well, no more than home is. I visited a number of resources for the female traveler while I was still in the plotting stage and they all speak strongly for not being afraid to be a solo traveler.

But that's what I just got reminded. That there is fear. Not for everyone, not in all situations, but she really should not have been striking out into unknown situations with the same blitheness I would. Once again, I'm writing too much me.

+ + +

And still being sickly. Walked to work every day last week but also most of the week and all of the weekend was so exhausted by early afternoon I'd have to take a long nap. My doctor has run out of ideas. Trouble is, all the idiot lights are green; blood chemistry good, blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen uptake; all the easy-to-measure stuff says I'm fine. It is one of those things that can sneak up on you. I can't say I'm worse than I was yesterday. It isn't that obvious. But looking back over calendars and time clocks and blog posts, I have lost WAY more ground over this past year than mere "you are getting older" can account for.

No comments:

Post a Comment