Sunday, July 28, 2019

Shipping News

50K. So maybe I don't need to add a whole sub-plot. I'll see how the Athens chapters unpack.

I finished the stuff with the car ferry and the cigarette boat. There's now several scenes where I could go back and add another 500 words dialog easy -- particularly Venice after she gets fished out of the canal. So I'm not worried about reaching total page count. Just about getting the pacing right and the various plot turns and climaxes happening where they should.



Okay, numbers check. I started the Italy sequence on July 7 (or, rather, I blogged on that day about being done with the Germany sequence). As of the 28th I've put down 15,000 words and am back in Athens. That's a bit over 700 words a day average. Not all that bad, actually.

So I think it is reasonable to expect to finish a draft by the end of September. Then I can clean house, record some more music...

...do final editing, do the cover...

No comments:

Post a Comment