Friday, September 15, 2023

Ninja....but why?

Trying out some new filaments in my Ender3. Well; I printed another part from work, and we were looking at options to add a gasket and I thought I should see what flexible (TPU) filament does.

I was too cheap for Ninjaflex, but (after the first attempt resulted in a jam) I was able to run off a test print in some TPU:

 


Found the file on Thingiverse. Plus, my phone needed one.

I also ran off a print strictly for "because" reasons (because the printer is there and it doesn't cost anything but a little filament to keep it running while I am doing something else):


Okay -- I did try out some clear filament for the rod thingy. Looks a little better in person. I printed almost entirely without support but between low printer settings and overhang/bridging failures there was more clean-up than I'd like on that print. But good to know that (relatively) larger prints aren't an impossible pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment