Friday, December 30, 2022

The Skyrim's the Limit

Thing about Skyrim is they keep re-issuing it. I had a mod stack that made the towns look like something from a JRPG; colorful and foliage and flowers everywhere, like an Olive Garden with extra zazz.

I've been tinkering with a mod stack for Anniversary and I'm pretty happy with it now. It is just different enough to make exploring interesting, colorful enough to be fun and to make me happy wandering around, but little things like being able to recognize the alchemical herbs I collect are still there.



And you see why I spend hours just wandering around the place. Especially on a cold, rainy day when I have (finally!) some time off from work.

That's Enhanced Lights and FX, but with Vivid Weathers definitive edition replacing the weather slot, Noble Skyrim Mod (texture overhaul) with Skyrim Floral Overhaul replacing the trees and foliage, JK's Skyrim making light alterations to towns and villages, plus a few odd things like 4K Markarth Textures, an expanded Farm Animals, and a mod or two that increases the mesh density on "clutter" and other small objects.

It's actually a fairly short mod stack. Arrowsmith so I can make my own arrows, Become a Bard so I can play the in-game instruments (flute, lute, and drum), Alternate Start (no more Helgen -- and no dragons if I don't want them), Better World Map, Weightless Ingredients (a real help for an Alchemist build), and an NPC re-model I'm playing with; it looks a little cartoony at times and at some point I want to go with an NPC texture improver but I'm enjoying discovering some of the more interesting choices. Never would have imagined Ancano as a biishonen!


And it looks like Eeks Beautiful Whiterun is compatible with SE now. With that and JK's 2020 texture pack, I could get the pretty fantasy world look. Swap in Summer Edition of the Skyrim Floral Overhaul and it would be a fine setting for another Bard run; fast travel disabled, Frostfire and Camping mods, sticking to the cities and playing for supper in the taverns.

No comments:

Post a Comment