Friday, June 28, 2019

Yes Rly

The experiment was worth it. Another evening of tinkering with Kindle export options and I got a half-way decent looking text. Which I looked at both on the Previewer software and on Kindle for Mac (I can't, however, preview on my phone without going through a lot more hoops. Fortunately AnkleZombie's Preview software will simulate phone display.)

So it scans pretty well. A lot of the stuff I was agonizing about, like too many sentences beginning with "I," too many extraneous details, too much detail overall...well, they basically work.

The character stuff -- specifically, the interaction with her pursuer through the bulk of the book -- works as poorly as I thought, though. Good thing that's the major item on the work list.

I'm finding actually the stuff I'm marking for deletion now is mostly explanation. The context seems to be explaining well enough without the narrator having to spell it out.

But I still need to go back through all of the Germany chapters before I can move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment